Monday, August 17, 2009

Threadcakes Contest: Byebi

As I mentioned in my previous post, I entered three cakes in the threadcakes contest. This second entry is hands down, one of the favorite cakes I've ever made. I would even go so far as to say that if I had to do it all over again, my wedding cake would look very similar to this. I absolutely love the elaborate simplicity (yes, I realize that's an oxymoron) of the bird graphic.

Here's the t-shirt design, Byebi, that inspired the cake. It's too bad that it's currently out of print. :(

And here's my interpretation of the graphic. Again, you can read the description and see the in-process photos here. I made this cake (all the cakes really) because I thought it would be fun but it was really nice to also be recognized with a 2nd place win in the 2D category. Woohoo! Thanks threadcakes!


P.S. Check out all the awesome winners in the 2D and 3D categories here.

P.S.S. I love this cake so much, I think I'm going to reproduce it as a display cake using styrofoam :).


Lien Sanchez
Crazy Cake Company

4 comments:

cake2cake said...

You are an extremely talented lady!!! I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of you in the cake world...maybe a Food Network Challenge! Keep up the excellent work, I look forward to your next project.

panamamama said...

Absolutely amazing!

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

cakelava said...

This is a gorgeous cake! All your Threadcakes Contest cakes translated beautifully. The milk and cookies is adorable! Nice work!!